Tuesday 3 July 2007

First contact - Iceland returns from France!

Firstly, I *think* they might be offering to pay for me to go to the Grand Meeting in August to meet everyone. I'll let you know. I think I'd miss a class if I went, not to mention a week's trip OS is a nightmare health-wise, so not sure if that's a goer.

Iceland gave us an extra contact for L to find work there, and has said he'll assist where he can.

As to what I'll actually be doing over there: Iceland thinks me studying Faroese (in addition to Norwegian and potentially Icelandic) is a great idea, since the massive Faroese data collection for the whole project will take place August 2008. (Now I'm even more excited - Iceland AND the Pharoes (sorry, no idea how to spell it in English).

And finally, I'm going to be part of the Syntax Variation Group. You all managed to remember 'Long-distance Reflexives' for my thesis, so I'm expecting you to now manage the SVG. :D (that's a super-massive grin to match my own smirk that I think is about to burst off my face...)

No comments: