Tuesday 14 August 2007

Iceland Uni HR joins quest for visas

Finally! An email about our visas from Admin Oskar at Iceland U, who states that "We know the process very well"! Excellent. So, we've sent off our criminal record check to the Federal Police of Australia, because that's the very first thing we need to do. In fact, we already sent it off, but I think L said we needed to include photocopies of our passports too. So, tomorrow then. :)

Admin Oskar also said that "'Place of residence' is the first issue to be solved", so it looks like we might have an address soon. Although L is moaning on and on about finding out my salary, so I've asked about that again too.

So, what will we find out first: whether we have a secret criminal record, who our landlord will be, or how much dosh we'll have to spend on touristing around Iceland... Stay tuned for the next exciting installment of ... Iced-Tee!

1 comment:

brent said...

The expected cost of one of my upcoming projects pretty much doubled the other day - I cornered the MD and spoke to her about the upcoming CAPEX meeting. She said she was going to sign it no matter what.

I asked "NO matter what?"

And she repeated "No matter what."

That's a lot of no matter.

(Company usually spends $450k on capital each year. Depending on how they look at it, the price is pushing up to $700k.)

She signed anyway.

----

Surely the salary is at least relevant? You're not going at ANY cost are you?

I mean, what if it turns out that you won't be able to afford plane tickets there and back? You've got to at least know what the price tag is before you try it on right?

(When Beth used to take me clothes shopping with her she'd ask me if something looked good, and (this is probably old news) I'd say "I don't know. I can't see the tag.")