Friday 30 May 2008

Earthquake!

Just had our first biggish earthquake, about 6.1, epicentre about 100km away. It is certainly a strange feeling watching the building you're in sway and jump about! My first thought was to press control-s to save my current document (only afterwards did I realise I had forgotten the 14 other open documents!), while Luce sped out of the house just in case the two upstairs floors also became ground floors. As for me, if the upstairs became the downstairs, I was just going down with it.
link to news article (in English)

4 comments:

K said...

Whoa!!
Glad you're both okay!

Unknown said...

Iceland earthquake? Oh wow, I'm just reading the reports ^^

bulanjdjan said...

Wow, glad to hear you're both ok. Any aftershocks??

tania said...

apparently loads of aftershocks down near Selfoss and Hveragerði, but nothing that I noticed up here in Reykjavík.