Monday 30 August 2010

happy and exhausted on the penultimate of august...

Sorry to misquote The Lucksmiths like that, but it's true. Tango on ICEland ended last night, it was a whole weekend of tango lessons, milongas/dances, meeting new people, listening and dancing to both live music and the old stuff, and finishing with a roadtrip to the Blue Lagoon (where we also tried our hand at AquaTango ;) ). Wow, I am one happy (but exhausted) little camper! I literally danced until I could no longer stand, like the princesses in the fairy tales :) and the main result has been that I REALLY want to dance and learn more! 'Nice' is the word I have used most often about the feeling of dancing tango, but, as you might know if you've ever tangoed, 'nice' really doesn't begin to cover it...

And I'm also still reeling from how different tango is to what I thought it would be - it feels NOTHING like it looks. Or rather, I thought that tango was the kind of thing 'other people' did, not me. Wow, how wrong could I be! The person who convinced me to learn to tango, Helge the German who I met dancing salsa, was back here for the festival, it was great to see him and tango with him :D Yay for learning how to dance! And yay for tango nuevo music, and yay for the Icelanders who love to dance too and are willing to dance with me. YAY!!!