Thursday 4 March 2010

Back in the land of ice and snow

Yes, it's still winter here. The ski season starts this weekend, and it's snowing as I write this. My flights here were a bit of a schermozzle (? sorry, I have NO idea how that word is spelt!), the Airbus from Melbourne had to wait for a part to come from Singapore - computer problems apparently. So we all missed our connections, I had to fly to Copenhagen via Frankfurt, and I missed spending the day and evening with friends, as I didn't get to their place until midnight (scheduled was 8am at their place).

So, I got most of my work done at Tulla, rather than during the flights, which means I think I'm totally up-to-date with my movies now! I really liked: Up in the air, Whip it, Astroboy, The break up, and that's all I remember. :)

It's 6:40pm here now, and I'm knackered. Shower, clean teeth and bed for me! Finish my conference paper tomorrow. (As in, the conference is the day after that, so I really do have to finish it tomorrow!)

4 comments:

brent said...

schmozzle.

It's yiddish. Obviously, when you think about it.

oy vey,

meh.

tania said...

if it's yiddish, then it'll be more like 'shmozzle'. No 'c'. But we don't say it that way, there's an extra syllable. So the word may no longer be yiddish, the way we say it.

tania said...

... and therefore should be spelt differently, I should add!

Tøtto og verden said...

Kor lenge skal du være på Island denne gangen?